Math Words That Start With J – Learning Drives Words That Start With J Joint, Joule, Jump! I would like to welcome you to my Math Dictionary list of words that begin with J.
There aren’t many words listed on this page. Please let me know if you come across any additional J terms for Math and I’ll include them in the collection.
- Joint Probability The probability of events A and B occurring simultaneously.
- Joint Probability Function is a mathematical formula which calculates the likelihood that any from two random variables take at a certain amount.
- Joint Variation A variation that lets the values of a variable are contingent on the values of two and more variables.
- Jordan Curve – an easy closed curve.
- Jordan Matrix – an array whose diagonal elements are equal (and not zero) as well as whose components over that of the main diagonal are all equal to 1, however the other elements are all 0.
- Joule A measure of work or energy.
- Julia Set is the set of all points that are a function of the form Z2+C. The iterations may either get close to zero, reach infinity or be stuck.
- Jump Discontinuity is an area that has left and right-hand boundaries are present but they are not the same.
More About Words That Start With J
With the joint, the majority are our Math words refer to exactly the same thing as they do in other circumstances. It is beneficial to demonstrate this to your children, to make the meaning of the words simpler to grasp.
Other terms like Joule or Jordan are typically named after the person who came up with something. A brief history lesson can help children recall the person who invented the invention and the meaning for the name.
You can download this no-cost Math dictionary to get an entire list of definitions.
Math Words That Start With A – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With B – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With C – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With D – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With E – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With F – Learning Drives