Math Words That Start With L – Learning Drives – Words That Start With L Latitude, Line, Length
Here’s a list of Math words that begin with L. Then, teach the components of words so that youngsters can grasp the other words without much effort.
If children are aware that words like latitude or least are essentially the same like in daily life, they will make the connection more clear for Math classes.
|Leading Term||Linear Fit||Line|
|Lateral Area||Line Graph||Locus|
|Linear Regression||Law of Sines||Linear|
- L-Tetromino A tetromino has an elongated shape that resembles the letters L.
- Latera Recta is a plural of lattice-rectum which is also known as.
- Latin Square – an array of n X of numbers, in which only n numbers are displayed. The same number can only appear one time in any row or column.
- Latitude The angular distance of a particular point on Earth away from its equator determined along the Meridian from the point.
- Lattice Point Lattice Point A point that has integer coordinates.
- Latus Rectum – a chord in an ellipse moving through a point of focus and perpendicularly to the major an axis that the ellipse follows. Plural: latera recta.
- Leap Year is a calendar year with 366 days that occurs each four months. Least Common Denominator (LCD) (LCD) the least common multiple of denominators that are 2 or more fractions.
- The Least Common denominator is the smallest number that could use as the standard denominator of an entire collection of fractions.
- The Least common Multiple (LCM) – the most common multiple in an integer set is the smallest number that is exactly a multiple of each number within the set.
- The Least Bound The least upper bound in a set that contains numbers represents the number larger than the entire set.
- Legend is a note on a graph, map or diagram that defines the significance of the symbols and the scale of the map; listing.
- Legs of the right triangle The two sides that aren’t the hypotenuse. Legs are two of the sides opposite sides of the right (90 degrees) angle.
- Lemata is a Lemma is the plural form of.
- Lemma is an idea that can be used in the main for the demonstration of a different theorem.
- Length is The straight line distance that separates two locations.
- less than has a lower value than.
- Similar terms mathematical expressions that contain the same letters 5ab, 8ab and 5ab.
Math Terms and Words That Start With Line
Line Line be interpreted as the difference between two places and is represented by joining two points.
Line Diagram Diagram that illustrates the network of connections or interactions with two or more objects through lines.
Line of the Best Fit Straight line that is used to provide the best estimate of the summation of all the points within the scatter-plot. The slope and position of the line is determined by the level of correlation between two variables that are paired in the creation of the scatter-plot. The line can be used to predict the significance that one variables paired when only the value of the other of the pair is identified.
Line Segment is a segment of the line that has ends at both ends.
Line Symmetry If a picture is separated by a line, and each division is mirrors of each one, the figure is said to have line symmetry. Lines that separate the figures are called the Line of Symmetry.
Linear A formula or graph is linear when the graph of the equation is straight.
Linear Function is a mathematical function that has that formula f(x) = mx + b , where both m and B are fixed numbers. The terms “m” and “b” are common. These kinds of functions are referred to as “linear” because their graphs are straight lines.
Linear Regression is a method to understand relationships between two variables through the application of a linear equation to the observed data. One variable is thought of as an independent variable while the second is thought of as the dependent variable.
More Words That Start With L
- Locus is the collection of all the points that satisfy a particular condition.
- Logarithm – the expression of the power with which a base number has to be elevated to equal a specified number.
- Logic is the research of formal rules of reasoning.
- the lowest Common Denominator is the smallest number exactly divisible by the denominator from a set fractions.
- The simplest terms A fraction where the numerator and denominator share none of the common factors.
- Loxodrome is the sphere, a curvature which cuts all parallels at one angle.
- Lucas Number A member of the sequence 1, 3, 4 7, ,… in which each one is the product of the previous two numbers. L0=2, L1=1, Ln=Ln-1+Ln-2.
- Lune – the area of a sphere in between two great semicircles that share ends (including those of the semicircles).
Math Words That Start With A – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With B – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With C – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With D – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With E – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With F – Learning Drive
Math Words That Start With G – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With H – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With I – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With J – Learning Drives