Math Words That Start With S – Learning Drives- Words That Start With S Segment, Slope, Sum
Hello and welcome to math terms which begin by the letter S. It is our S page of our math dictionary that is located at the bottom of the page.
|Step Function||Sure Event|
- Sales Tax Taxes are imposed for selling an item, and is based on the purchase price, expressed in a percent.
- The same side exterior angles are angles that are located outside an array of parallel lines on the opposite part of transversal.
- Similar Side Inside Angles These are angles within an array of parallel lines, and on the opposite part of transversal.
- Sample A part of a population that is used to conduct a survey. part of the entire population.
- Scale is a kind of line that is used to measure objects.
- Scalene Triangle – an unilateral triangle in which no two sides are of the same length.
- Scatter Plot is a graphic illustration of the spread of random variables in an array of points, whose coordinates correspond to the observed values of paired pairs.
- Schedule A listing of events arranged by the time that they are scheduled to take place.
- Scientific Notation is a method of writing a numerical value in the product of numbers between 1 and 10, and an additional 10.
- Secant Straight line that intersects an angle in the vicinity of two points or.
- Sector is a non-overlapping part in an item. Within the context of a spinning device or circle graph the term “sector” is one of the graph’s sections.
- Sector of an Circle is a pie-shaped part of the that is the circumference.
- Segment Line Segment – the piece of line connecting to two locations in the space.
- Self-Similarity is the term used to describe two or more objects with the same features.
Math Words That Start With Semi-
- Semi-circle Half of the circle.
- Semiannual Two times every year.
More Words That Start With S
- Sequence A list of numbers that normally is altered according to patterns.
- Series – the sum the sequence.
- Set is a set of objects.
- Side A line segment that forms part of an area called a polygon.
- Numbers signed either positive or negative numbers.
Important Digits – the number of digits that you should take into consideration when using measuring numbers. There are three principles to follow when determining the number of digits that are significant in the number.1) All non-zero numbers are significant. 2) Any zeros between two non-zeros are significant. 3.) The trailing zeros after the decimal are considered to be significant.
- Similar Similar – sharing the similar shape, but not necessarily the identical dimensions. Similar figures share the same dimensions and angles.
- Similar Figures Two geometric figures are identical when their sides are proportional and their angles are identical.
- Like Polygons They have angles equal, with each having each, and the equal number of sides and sides with same angles proportional.
- Similar Solids are those that contain solid angles identical and similar in size as well as being bound with the same number of similar similar polygons.
- Related Triangles are triangles whose angles are in harmony and their sides have proportional.
- Simple Fraction is a fraction that is one integral numerator and denominator.
- Simple Interest The amount paid for the use of the principal.
- Simple Proportion equalization between simple proportions.
- Sine The proportion of the opposing side of the hypotenuse.
- Skeleton Division is a long division in which the majority or all of the numbers are replaced with Asterisks to create the cryptorithm.
- Slide Rule Slide Rule – an calculating device made up of two logarithmic scales that slide.
- The Slope a Line – tells us the slope of a line and if it’s going to go either way or the other.
- Slope of the Linear Function – the slope of the line that is y = mx + B is the rate that y changes per unit of changes in the x. The units of measurement for the slope are the units of y for each unit of the value x (cf Linear Functions Discussion).
- Snub Cuboctahedron is formed by either truncating or slicing the edges of the cube, or the Octahedron.
- Snub Icosidodecahedron is made by either truncating or reducing it or by truncating dodecahedron or the Icosahedron.
- Solid 3D – a 3D-like figure.
- Solid of Revolution A solid created by rotating a planar figure around an axis within three-space.
- Solidus – the slanted line of the form of a fraction, like a/b that divides the numerator and denominator.
- Sphere is an three-dimensional circle.
- Spherical Trigonometry is the mathematical branch dealing with measurements made on the globe.
- Square four-sided figure (quadrangles) with four sides equal in length, and the right angle is four. Also, it is a product of an amount multiplied by x2 (x)(x).
- Square Free An integer is considered square-free if it’s uncomparable by the perfect square in the case of n2 for n>1.
- Square Number is a number in an n2 form.
- Square numbers the answer you get when you multiply an integer by the result by yourself.
- Square Root – the number x is thought to be an inverse quadratic root of the number y when the sum of x2 is.
- square unit A square that has sides that are of the desired length.
- Standard Deviation shows how dispersed out numbers are from average, determined by using an arithmetic square. mean of the squares that represent the deviations from the mean of the frequency distribution.
- Straight Angle Straight Angle – an angle of 180o, and, as such, creates a straight line.
- subjective theory Probability A number that indicates the extent to which we believe that the event will happen. The number is calculated on an 0 to 100 scale. to 100 percent (or between 0 and 1) and zero meaning that we’re completely certain that it will never happen while 100% indicates that we’re 100% sure that it will happen.
- Subscript In mathematics, subscripts refer to numbers or letters written beneath or to the left of letters or numbers.
- Subset A subset whose members form part of a larger set.
- Subtraction is a fundamental operation in arithemtic that lets you subtract an integer from another. It is the method of determining the difference; also known as the reverse of adding. The subtrahend less the minuend is equal to the remaining.
- Subtrahend is the smaller value in subtraction. The subtrahend less the minuend equals the remaining.
- Sum The results of adding more than two numbers. result is in the form of an addition.
- Summation is a notation used to represent the sequence.
- Superscript in math superscripts are numbers or letters written over and below other letters, numbers, or symbols which indicate the number of times the latter will be considered as an indicator. When typing, it is possible to indicate a superscript using the symbol to indicate that the number is increasing.
- Supplementary Two angels are supplementary when they are able to add 180o.
- Surface has breath and length.
- Surface Area is a measurement of the amount of square units required to cover the entire outside of an image.
- Survey is the method used to collect data on a certain group of people.
- Symmedian reflection of a triangular median around the angle that is bisectorized to it.
- Symmetry is the relationship in shape, size or arrangement of components in a line or plane. In line symmetry, every spot on the one line is an identical point on the opposite side of the line. Plane symmetry is the term used to describe similar patterns appearing in different, regular places in the plan.
- Systems of Equations include several equations, and several variables in order to tackle (the unsolved).
- Math Words That Start With A – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With B – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With C – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With D – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With E – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With F – Learning Drive
Math Words That Start With G – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With H – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With I – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With J – Learning Drives
- Math Words That Start With k – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With L – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With M – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With N – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With O – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With P – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With Q – Learning Drives
Math Words That Start With R – Learning Drives